Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Jalie Jeans

I finally decided to tackle the rivets for my Jalie jeans. I was sure that they would take a day or two to figure out. Well, it took me about 30 minutes to read the rivet tool instructions and attach the rivets. That was a nice surprise! The not-so-nice surprise was the jeans are too tight to wear comfortably. I know they have lycra and should stretch with wear. At the same time, I don't want to wear them in public yet. Of course, most of the teenage girls that I know would consider them perfect. I'm just a bit beyond that stage in my life. There definitely is a problem with making a snug jean muslin before Thanksgiving and expecting a comfortable fit after all the good food. I think that I'll add a tad to the seams before I make the next pair. I enjoyed making this pair so I know I'll make many more. Jeans are another addiction that I can add to my list! In the pictures of the full jeans it looks like I skipped stitches. I'm not sure what was going on with my picture-taking. I added a ticket pocket since the Jalie pattern didn't have one
I made the back pockets a little smaller than the pattern and like the results for me.

Tomorrow is a play day for me. I'm spending the day at my local Bernina Centre. Nancy Bednar from Bernina is doing a workshop on the My Label Fitting Software and couture techniques. It should be fun!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! Those jeans look wonderful - very professional!

gwensews said...

Your jeans look great! I know what you mean about "tight-fittin" jeans" though. That was a country/western song a long time ago. I like relaxed fitting jeans on myself. But, once upon a time--yep-my jeans couldn't get tight enough!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I plan to tackle jeans soon. I hope they look as good as yours.

kanishk said...

Those jeans look wonderful - very professional!

Work from home India