Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Silhouette 150 - Top #2

I managed to finish 2 tops for Faye's Essential Top Sew-A-Long! I'm proud of myself since I was sewing as I was finishing tax returns. If anyone reading this blog hasn't seen the sew-a-long tops, you can hop over to Faye's blog and see some amazing eye candy!! Here's my second top:
This is Silhouette 150 sleeveless version. Years ago I made this top and had horrible gapping problems in the front. I made the long sleeve version this winter and had no problems. I made a size 3 tampered to size 4. The only adjustment was raising the armhole half an inch for the sleeveless version.  It's a great 1 to 2 hour top. This is a close up of the front yoke.
I forgot to take a picture of the back. It has a slightly curved back yoke.

I'd love to continue making tops, but there are lots of other garments on my sewing list. Right now, the anniversary dress lace is on my cutting table. My anniversary isn't until the end of June so I doubt that I will start sewing it. That dress will be a long process. Why should I make it too far ahead of time? I'll probably make a simple dress or the shirt for DH that already is cut out. We'll see what mood strikes me!

4 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love your top. I look forward to seeing your anniversary dress. Happy sewing.

Judith said...

Top looks super - and the anniversary lace dress sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished ... J

gwensews said...

Looking forward to seeing your next creation!

Sarah Liz said...

Just found you via Fayes sew-a-long ( I waas in it too). Lovely little top and I look forward to seeing what else you create over the next few weeks