Monday, May 30, 2016

Seamwork Oslo

Well, it's been almost 4 months since my last post. I do have pictures from my Oslo that I sewed during the Christmas holidays. My aim was to work on my editing skills with the photos. The result was no editing and no posts. Instead of waiting any longer, I'm showing the pictures without any editing. I haven't given up on improving my photography and editing skills. I've just decided that I'll wait until I have more time for a concentrated effort. I got through a challenging tax season, took off for a wonderful vacation week at the beach, and went straight into renovating a number of rooms in my house. The renovations are still going on, but my part has slowed down a little. I did manage to sew a cardigan and 3 tops. During stressful times, it helps me to do a little bit of sewing. I'm amazed at how much I got finished just sewing a little here and there.I have a new camera and want to get that working before I take photos. The plan is to work with the camera next week.  I miss blogging!

I wore my Oslo so much this winter that I've almost worn it out. I'm glad that I did take pictures in January. The cardigan is a copycat from Lori at Girls in the Garden. The fabric is a plush sweater knit from StyleMaker Fabrics, one of my favorite fabric sources. The fabric was a breeze to sew and the pattern is fast and easy to sew. I finished it in a couple of hours and I am a slow sewer. I made size large without any alterations needed. It is a tad too big, but perfect to wear over a variety of garments.













The sleeves can be pushed up which is the way I usually wear the cardigan. The last picture shows the way I wore it during the cold weeks we had in Florida, It is not hard to hold it closed. I haven't gotten around to sewing my long-planned coat so the Oslo came to the rescue! The fabric is super soft, cuddly, and warm.

I plan to be back soon. Until then, happy sewing!!

3 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Rose, so happy to see you back blogging.. I so understand your doing the renovations.. We have been working on an old house for a year..and just recently sold our house and moved into the old house.. Wow...so buys ... there was very little sewing or blogging..But I too, hope to blog more and sew more..
Love your Osol.. Looks really comfortable too..
Happy sewing.

gingermakes said...

This is so nice on you! What a lovely cardigan!

Audrey said...

That does look like a very versatile, comfy cardigan. Unedited pictures are just fine. Good that you have had time for some sewing, what with all the other activities claiming your time.