Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cashmerette Appleton Dress: My New Favorite

I made the Appleton Dress on a whim. After all, I'm usually not a plus size and have never been successful sewing a wrap dress. I've tried at least 4 wrap dress patterns and twice as many muslins. The only thing that I accomplished was a bunch of wadders. I expected to cut this dress up to make a top. Since I love the fabric, I almost didn't try to make the dress. What a pleasant surprise!

I made a size 12 with a SBA. Usually, I have to do a FBA so that was another surprise. I didn't do any other alterations to the pattern. The instructions were excellent so the dress went together easily.

Hubbie was taking these pictures. This crooked picture is the only one of the back.



I doubt that I will make this pattern again, but I would like to try the Cashmerte Washington dress at some point. I don't need that many dresses. My wardrobe is screaming for tops and cardigan. I'm off to finish a cardigan.

Happy Sewing!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute pattern and dress. I may just have to make one! I’m so impressed with your sewing patterns.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love your dress, the fabric is beautiful.. Looks great on you.. Happy sewing and Merry Christmas.

gingermakes said...

Rose, this is beautiful! What a great dress!